Apparently my new thing is to just combine some grains/legumes, roast some veggies, toss it with some fresh herbs and there you go: a delicious side, or main, that goes with almost everything. Rosted radishes are among my very favorite roasted veggies – you can get a big bundle of them for about a dollar right now, and organic carrots are about $1.50, so this whole dish couldn’t possibly cost more than $5 total. I honestly don’t know what my deal was with avoiding lentils for so long. They’re super healthy, filling and delicious, too! Enjoy.
Quinoa, Lentil and Herbed Root Vegetable Salad
- 1 Cup green lentils, cooked
- 1 C. uncooked quinoa (makes approx. 2.5 cups)
- 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch sticks
- 1 cup radishes, quartered
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- Kosher salt & fresh pepper
- Fresh dill & fresh flat-leaf parsley, one generous tbsp. each.
- Sprinkle herbs de provence (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare the veggies. In a roasting dish, toss with EVOO, kosher salt, fresh pepper and herbs de provence. Cook approx. 25 minutes or until roasted, turning once or twice.
- Cook lentils according to package directions (should take about 25 minutes).
- Cook quinoa according to package directions (should take about 20 minutes).
- While everything is cooking, make an herbed lemon-yogurt dressing. Combine greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt and shredded garlic, then add chopped herbs.
- Combine roasted veggies, lentils and quinoa, then top with the remaining fresh dill and parsley.
- Top with a little herbed lemon-yogurt dressing and enjoy!