This is really simple, super delicious weeknight meal. Taking the shortcut of using a “steamables” version of the broccoli and cheese sauce allows you to throw all this together in no time flat for a healthy meal that makes great leftovers, too. Honestly, I would roll just about anything up in chicken – but this one earns its name since these little chicken bombs are legit “the bomb.”
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE-STUFFED CHICKEN BOMBS (serves 2-3)
- 1.5 lbs thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Broccoli & cheese sauce (steamables)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 C. water
- Squeeze of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Cook broccoli and cheese steamables according to package directions, set aside until it’s room temperature (so the heat from it doesn’t start to cook the chicken once you start assembling).
- Arrange your little assembly station: place the panko breadcrumbs in one bowl, mix the EVOO, water and squeeze of lemon in another bowl,
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Lay chicken on a flat surface, then top with the broccoli/cheese mixture and a sprinkle of the mozzarella.
- Roll the chicken up in a little twirl of deliciousness, then dip in the EVOO/water/lemon mixture, then roll in the breadcrumbs. If you have olive oil spray, lightly give the chicken bomb a little spray. This will help them develop a golden color as they cook.
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a lightly greased baking dish, then cook for approx. 30 minutes or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy.