When I took the first bite of this, I didn’t know if I was crazy about it, and then I kept taking bites as I was making other things, and all of a sudden it just got delicious. I think the flavors really need to meld together with the dressing, so dress it at least 30 minutes before serving. Look at how pretty all that green is!
SESAME EDAMAME, AVOCADO & MOZZARELLA SALAD W CILANTRO & SCALLIONS (serves 4)
– 1 bag frozen edamame, shelled
– 2 avocados, diced
– 1 cup mini mozzarella balls, if you can find them, otherwise you can just use pieces of a regular ball of mozz
– handful of cilantro
– 4 scallions, sliced
– 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
– 1.5 Tbsp sesame oil
– 1.5 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
– 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
– Kosher Salt & Pepper, to taste.
1. Cook the edamame according to package directions. Add to a medium-sized bowl and set aside to cool while you make the dressing.
2. Get a mason jar, and add the balsamic & rice vinegars. Add the kosher salt & pepper so they react with the vinegars, and shake it up a little.
3. Add the sesame oil to the vinegars, shake well to combine.
4. Chop some cilantro and slice the scallions.
5. To the bowl with the edamame, add mozzarella, cilantro, scallions, and sesame seeds.
6. Cube avocados. The easiest way to do this is to cut an avocado in half, get rid of the pit, then cut a grid into the avocado. Run your knife around the perimeter of the gridded avocado, and you should be able to squeeze out the avocado cubes.
7. Gently fold the avocado into the bowl with the edamame mix. Add the dressing and mix well to combine.