The lovely Jonelle hosted us for dinner last week, and it everything was so delicious. From the pretty apps to the unbelievable gin & earl grey tea cocktail she made, to the london broil & grilled romaine…we had so much fun we decided to make it a monthly thing with all of us rotating as hostess. Anyway, I’d never even heard of grilled romaine, but this was incredible. If I had even the slightest clue how to work a grill myself, I’d be making this all the time.
GRILLED ROMAINE WITH SMOKED BLUE CHEESE AND BALSAMIC REDUCTION (makes 6)
– 6 Romaine Hearts
– 1/4 C. smoked blue cheese (or gorgonzola)
– Balsamic reduction (makes sure it’s a reduction, not balsamic vinegar), drizzled
– A blend of EVOO, a little salt & pepper, and some oregano
1. Um, I guess, fire up the grill?
2. Brush the washed romaine hearts with the EVOO/salt & pepper/oregano mix.
3. Grill the romaine hearts pretty quickly, about 2 minutes on each side. You want them to have grill marks but not get burned.
4. Crumble the smoked blue cheese (or gorgonzola) over the try of romaine, then drizzle the balsamic reduction in a nice little pattern. Serve & enjoy. My girlfriends have got skillz.
|The hostess at work!