There are some days that just need blueberry pancakes, and today is one of those days. I used to make pancakes with a mix, but honestly, this is so much tastier, and you can gauge what goes into it too. Sour cream pancakes + blueberries = perfect Sunday morning.
WHOLE-GRAIN BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PANCAKES (makes about 12 pancakes)
– 4 oz. sour cream (1/2 cup)
– 1 container honey greek yogurt (a little more that 1/2 cup)
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp. sugar
– 1 egg
– 3/4 C. whole grain, whole wheat flour
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– pinch nutmeg
1. Whisk together the sour cream, honey greek yogurt, vanilla, sugar and egg.
2. Gently fold in the blueberries.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. A little bit at a time, combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Over medium heat, melt a pat of butter. When melted, add the batter a little bit at a time into pancake shapes.
6. Flip when the edges start to look cooked, then cook on the other side until done.
7. Serve with maple syrup and butter and enjoy the rest of your weekend!