Texas is good at a lot of things, but they miss the mark on anything buffalo (wings, hoagies, bites, etc.). I’ve really been missing that food since we moved here, and finally came up with a recipe that solves my cravings, sneaks in some veggies and can even be made gluten-free. It’s awesome and one of my go-to’s when I need some comfort food.
BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATLOAF (serves 3-4)
- 1 Lb. ground chicken
- 1/3 c. blue cheese dressing, plus more for dipping
- 4 Tbsp. Frank’s Red Hot (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 scallions (whites and greens)
- 1 large stalk celery, diced (plus more stalks for serving on the side)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 c. almond meal (or flour if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients except for the blue cheese and Frank’s Red Hot.
- Form into a meatloaf shape, place into a lightly greased pan.
- Combine blue cheese & Frank’s Red Hot, pour over the meatloaf to coat.
5. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes, carefully pouring off the runoff after about 25 minutes.
6. Let rest for about 5 minutes, them slice and serve with a drizzle of blue cheese and fresh-cut celery sticks.