There’s this adorable restaurant in Scranton called Mansours, and every time I go in there I want to hunker down and spend the day there. It’s just beautiful and so welcoming. It also doesn’t hurt that their food is amazing, and they serve La Colombe coffee, which I really miss from when I lived in Philly and there was a La Colombe about every block or so. They also serve one of my very favorite breakfasts. Are you ready? Bananas, covered in peanut butter, rolled in really good granola and drizzled with honey. I know. I finally decided to try and make this myself since, you know, they’re not open every day. Enjoy.
BREAKFAST BANANAS (serves 2)
– 2 bananas
– Approx. 3 tbsp. peanut butter
– Really good granola-trail mix blend. This is key. Get something that’s flavorful and has whole almonds, cranberries and whatever other flavor you’d like on this. I used a mix of Wegman’s Organic French Vanilla and Almond Granola and Cranberry Sunshine
1. Cut off the very top and bottom of the bananas.
2. With a knife, cover the bananas in peanut butter. I used Justin’s honey-peanut butter, which was awesome on this.
3. Mix the granola and the trail mix, then roll the peanut-buttered banana in it.
4. Plate each banana, then drizzle it with honey. You can refrigerate these until you’re going to eat them, but good luck with leaving them alone until breakfast!