Not gonna lie, I felt pretty pleased with myself making these. The saltiness/savoriness of the salmon combined with the creamy avocado is perfect, they have 4 ingredients, tops, are chock full of Omega-3s – the “good for you fats” – which help with your cardiovascular health, eyesight, joints and a whole bunch of other things, have a hint of the bright flavor of lemon (which adds detox benefits) and if you use Wild for Salmon’s Dill and Orange Gravlax, you can skip the dill altogether. I did a couple of these with a light coating of toasted sesame seeds, but that’s up to you. These were ready in no time, and gone in about that same amount too.
SALMON AND AVOCADO APPS WITH LEMON AND DILL (makes about 30)
– 3 avocados, cut into approx. 3/4 inch chunks
– Wild for Salmon’s Dill and Orange Gravlax (or smoked salmon if you can’t find this, but please try because this is amazing.)
– juice of 1 lemon
– pinch of kosher salt
– sesame seeds (optional)
1. Cut the avocados into approx. 3/4 inch chunks.
2. Add to a bowl and toss with the lemon juice and the pinch of salt – this will keep the avocado from browning.
3. Take about 1.5 inches of salmon, wrap it around the avocado and secure with a toothpick.
4. Optional – lightly dip one side of the salmon/avocado spear into sesame seeds.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy.
You can check out Wild for Salmon’s Facebook page here, or click through to their website and products in the links above.
This is a sponsored post – all opinions within are my own.