I cook with cauliflower so much that I finally looked up its health benefits, just so I could mentally pat myself on the back for making good eating decisions. So here you go: it’s a great source of fiber, vitamin C, provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, and on top of all of that, it’s basically the tofu of vegetables since you can make it taste like just about anything. This was a really quick and tasty side dish, the onions make it a little more hearty, the thyme adds some dimension, plus: parmesan. Enjoy.
PARMESAN-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH THYME
– 1 head cauliflower, cut into slices and florets
– 1 onion, sliced
– 4 sprigs thyme
– 6 garlic cloves, skin still on
– 3 tbsp. EVOO
– fresh parmesan
– Kosher salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Slice the cauliflower into pieces and florets, add to a big bowl.
4. Add the EVOO, kosher salt & pepper. Shake everything up so that the cauliflower and onions are coated.
5. Place the mixture on a baking sheet in one layer, then roast for about 40 minutes. Flip about every ten minutes or so.
6. After the 3rd flip, grate some fresh parm over everything. Continue to roast as the cheese melts.
7. Serve and enjoy!