I’ve really cut down on the amount of red meat I eat, which means ground turkey is a substitute for a ton of recipes. After I got out of work early the day before the 4th of July, I came home and made these awesome turkey-arugula burgers for lunch. The onion gives them a little crunch, the dijon mustard holds them all together, and they were ready in maybe 10 minutes flat, which was just enough time for me to throw together a summer salad to go with lunch. We put these on potato rolls and mashed up some avocado to use as a base for these, which was awesome. Brendan made these killer dark and stormys and we kicked off the 4th of July weekend right.
TURKEY-ARUGULA BURGERS (makes 4)
– 1 lb. ground turkey
– 1 cup arugula
– 1/4 onion, diced
– 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
– kosher salt & pepper (maybe 1 tsp. each)
1. Get the grill (or grill pan) ready.
2. In a bowl, combine turkey, feta, onion, mustard and salt and pepper.
3. Dig in with your hands and mix it all together.
4. Form mixture into 4 equal burgers.
5. Grill for maybe 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Serve on a bun with more arugula and mashed avocado, and enjoy the weekend.