Polenta fries. They’re healthier for you than traditional fries, about 100 times more delicious, and super simple to throw together, especially if you use pre-cooked polenta. You can mix up any sort of seasonings to dress them up, serve with any sort of dipping sauce, but for a little dinner party app, these – topped with sage and served alongside a little bowl of pasta sauce – were perfect. I had some of my girlfriends over for dinner and these were gone in about 10 minutes flat.
POLENTA FRIES WITH SAGE (serves 5)
– 1 package of polenta
– 2 tbsp. fresh chopped sage
– 2 tbsp. butter
– Kosher salt & pepper
– Pasta sauce (for dipping)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Using a package of precooked polenta, cut into fry-shaped pieces. Place on one layer on a baking sheet.
3. Melt butter. Add chopped sage to this, some kosher salt & pepper and mix well.
4. With a pastry brush, lightly coat both sides of the polenta fries.
5. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, flipping once or twice, until crispy.
6. Drain on paper towels, serve alongside a side of pasta sauce.