Sometimes in life, when things seem too complicated, the best things to do or consume are the simplest ones. I haven’t bought salad dressing in maybe 2 years – it’s so much simpler to make it yourself, and so much healthier too. Lemons are one of my favorite ingredients, and I love how they make everything seem brighter. When life gives you lemons, make this dressing. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.
SIMPLE LEMON DRESSING (serves 2-4)
– Juice of 1 lemon (approx. 2 tbsps)
– 6 tbsp EVOO
– 1 tsp. dijon mustard
– Pinch of kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
1. Combine everything in a mason jar. Shake it up and adjust seasonings to taste.
2. Lightly salt your greens (I love Organic Seasoning Salt Herbamare, which combines healthy minerals and sea salt). Add dressing.
3. Top with a little sprinkling of parmesan cheese, if you want (who doesn’t).
— On a side note, I just want to put out there how incredibly thankful and lucky I am to have my family and my friends in my life. In times of transition, they’re the people who stand behind me and my choices with overwhelming encouragement, support, advice, perspective, and love. I have so many things in my life that I’m appreciative of, but these relationships are at the very top of my list. So grateful.